Israeli soldiers raided a hospital in the occupied West Bank in Palestine, disguised as doctors and civilians, shooting and killing three Palestinian men.
CCTV footage released by Palestinian health officials on Jan. 30 showed about a dozen Israeli soldiers, dressed up in headscarves, hospital scrubs and civilian clothing, entering the the Ibn Sena hospital in the city of Jenin on Jan. 29.
Palestinian authorities said that the soldiers shot and killed three men, who were sleeping at the time of the attack.
Israeli authorities claimed that the men belonged to a “Hamas terrorist cell” and were using the hospital as a hideout, without providing evidence.
Israeli forces said that one of the men, 27-year-old Mohammad Jalamneh, was planning an attack and had transferred weapons and ammunition to other members.
The head of surgery at Ibn Sina Hospital, Dr. Tawfiq al-Shawbaky, told NPR that Jalamneh was a paralyzed patient using a wheelchair.
Israeli forces said the other two men, brothers Basil and Mohammad Ghazawi, were hiding inside the hospital and were involved in attacks.
Hospital authorities said Basil Al-Ghazawi had been receiving treatment after he was injured by an Israeli drone attack near the cemetery of Jenin.
Hamas confirmed Jalamneh was a member, while another Palestinian armed group, the Islamic Jihad, recognized Mohammed and Basil as its members.
“We affirm that the cowardly assassination will be hell for the occupier and his settlers throughout Palestine, and that blood will be met with blood, and these sacrifices will not be in vain,” Hamas said in a statement.
The Islamic Jihad called the killing as “a new breach of humanitarian norms and international laws, amounting to a war crime”, stressing it will not “go unanswered”.
Israel has dramatically increased its raids in the occupied West Bank since Hamas’ attack on Oct. 7, killing at least 380 Palestinians, according to Anadolu.